71a839ea0870136c22a452df12aec4af0acd7af1cf599281a0 How to tell if your car needs an alignment. ~ Spiller Kustoms

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Widgets

How to tell if your car needs an alignment.

One of the ways to tell if your car needs an alignment is when your tire treads are wearing on the side.  Another is if you notice that the steering wheel is slightly pulling, and you have to keep turning right or left to keep the car straight.  So why are alignments important for the car?  Well the answer is that alignments are to lengthen the life of your tires.  So let us do the math.  If you spend five hundred dollars or more on tires and do not get an alignment, the front tires will wear down, which will cost you more in the long run on replacing your tires.  Cost of tires can get pricey, and so getting an alignment done is always a good investment.

Did you know that some companies offer lifetime alignments as low as one hundred and fifty dollars, whereas the one-time-alignment service is around seventy dollars or more?  This is a cost effective service, if you live in cities where there are a lot of potholes, and plan on keeping your car for several years.  I have owned many cars, and I have come to the conclusion that the lifetime-alignments saves me money since I would need one every year.

Last, You should also get an alignment if you have been in a car accident.  A year ago, my mother was involved in a slight fender bender, at the front fender.  I spoke with her about doing the alignment after I noticed that the steering wheel tilted more to the right.  It has been a year since, and she just noticed that the tires are wearing.  My mom is rather reactive when it comes to maintenance on cars, which will cost her repairs on a rather simple preventative issue.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Spiller Kustoms
Review http://spillerkustoms.blogspot.com/ on alexa.com

My blog has recently been added to Top Mommy Blogs, which is part of one of the largest networks of blog directories on the Web. Please visit my blog's personal page to vote for my blog and comment to other blog users.